Monday, March 16, 2009

James McGovern on the evolution of blogging

Writing in his Enterprise Architecture blog, James McGovern makes an interesting and disappointing observation about the state of blogging.

Recently, I have noticed much of my stimulus has changed. The blogosphere is moving away from conversations and towards simply using it as a platform to communicate thinly veiled media relations sanitized press releases where all forms of communications are void of conversation.

I have no problem with marketing people adopting blogging and other social media tools.  But it drives me up the freakin' wall when I see exactly what James McGovern describes.  Ultimately, those who treat social media as a collection of new tools for the same old crap will fail. Good riddance.

Read: Enterprise Architecture: From Incite comes Insight...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment